Tuesday 22 February 2011

Weekly updates

Weekly Update 17
In the week I uploaded by of my Ancillary tasks to my blog. I am pleased with my work because I believe they work well together and with the trailer itself. Therefore, people will be able to acknowledge what film it is that is being displayed when looking at the ancillary tasks. My evaluation should be complete by next week which I will also upload to my blog then I shall be finished. 


Weekly Update 16
After creating my first drafts for both pieces of work, I decided to change the concept of it all because I showed it to my peers and they agreed with me when I felt it wasn’t strong enough. Then finally I created both of my tasks imitating other products. Therefore I was now able to work on the evaluation side of my coursework.
Weekly Update 15
Because I had completed my trailer I was now able to focus on creating my 1st drafts for my two Ancillary tasks. I will look back on my Ancillary task research to help me create an idea of what I wanted to do and then I used a software called ‘Photoshop cs3’ to edit them both.
Weekly Update 14
I had spent a lot of time making my first draft for my trailer, I was working on it for several hours everyday so there was not much I needed to change or add. Therefore I was able to make a shot list, which shows all the shots that I had used in my production.
Weekly Update 13
After completing the first draft of my trailer, I let my classmates and other people of my target audience view the trailer and from this I realised I was missing certain conventions such as, the production logo and the film rating at the start of my film. Then when I added these conventions I had completed my final draft of my trailer. Furthermore, for people to start seeing it I published the video on YouTube after creating an account.
Weekly Update 12
After doing the rough cut I realised that I needed to re-film some more footage, because it didn’t come out how I wanted it. Then after I had re-filmed what ever I needed I kept editing my trailer until I was happy with a first draft so I could make a final one.
Weekly Update 11
I uploaded all of the footage I had onto I-Movie and I made a rough-cut. This meant that I organised the shots I had in chronological order, without editing them or adding any transitions. From this I was able to edit the parts that needed to be edited.
Weekly Update 10
I have now uploaded all of the footage from the first day of production; moreover I learnt how to use I-movie to its full potential. I began to understand it quite quickly and learnt other things about it a long the way. Then I began to do more filming this week and I managed to shoot all the footage that I needed so the week was rather successful.
Weekly Update 9
I began the week by constructing a rehearsal filming day where I spent an hour with the cast and my production partner going through the trailer discussing what our plans are exactly. Then I finished the week by beginning to film the trailer. This was successful because everything flowed according to plan as we decided to use the first day of filming to shoot the opening scenes. 


Weekly Update 8
In this week I began to get myself prepared for the filming, such as getting the actor release forms back and gathering all of my equipment for the filming. Such as the camera, props costume for the actors and the tripod
Weekly Update 6&7
In these two weeks I had completed the task of organising where my trailer would be played and what production company would be the distributors.
I also focussed further on planning such as the cast notes, score notes and location notes; which helped me to realise if I needed to make some changes. I also created an actor release form which provides vital information about the production for the cast I had chosen.
Weekly Update 5
I took my planning one step further this week by finalising the storyboard and the script. These two products are very important because they are like guide lines of what I need to do when I am filming the trailer. I have also completed the research for my target audience and identified them through socio-economic status, gender and age.
Weekly Update 4
In this week I have devised a full length synopsis of what will take place in my trailer, which made me feel more organised. 
Then I began researching the lengths BBFC would allow me to go if my trailer was rated 15. I logged on to the official site and made notes about what I could and could not do. Finally in this week I began to work on the first draft of my script.
Weekly Update 3
The third week has already come but everything is going according to plan. I have created a questionnaire to gain knowledge about what my target audience would want to see in a trailer. 
After I had completed that I carried out my treatment and research into theorists that will help me in production.
Weekly Update 2
I thought about the genre I wanted to use and then undertook some more research specifically focussing on thriller trailers. I analysed; inception, James Bond and Salt. These were three action thrillers which was similar to the idea that I began to formulate. In addition, to help take my initial idea further I created a brainstorm on bubbl.us which covered key elements such as the production company, cast and target audience. 


Weekly Update 1
This is the first week, and I have started my coursework. My task is to make a thriller magazine trailer, film magazine cover and film poster which all cover the conventions of real media products. Therefore I began to research into actual trailers on a broad scale to gain knowledge of the needed conventions to make my product look professional and realistic. I also began to look at film posters and movie magazine covers to create an idea of what mine could be like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment