Tuesday 1 March 2011

Evaluation question 4



Blogger was important for my development throughout my project. This is because it allowed me to store information regarding my research, planning and construction. Moreover Blogger enabled me to add to my work where ever I was because it was saved through the internet. Furthermore, it allowed me to present my ideas and research in an interactive  manner because I could add information to the blog by using another software.

I found that google was the prime source of my research. The reason being; any information that I needed was found on google. This search engine contained a variety of film posters and film magazine covers that I needed when I was designing my ancillary tasks. Therefore I was able to gain knowledge of the conventions that were required in my products.

I-movie was a key software that helped me in the construction process. This is because it enabled me to edit my video to fit the conventions of a thriller film trailer. For example I could upload all of my footage and cut whatever I didn't need. I was also able to add scene transitions, text, images and a soundtrack.
Photoshop was also helpful in terms of construction. This is because it allowed me to edit the photos that I shot in order to  fit the conventions of both of my ancillary tasks. By letting me add text and using effects on the image. After i had completed  the editing on photoshop i was able to save my work as a jpeg image and post it to my blog and print out the product.

bubbl is a website that gave me the opportunity to create online brainstorms. This was helpful because it made my thoughts and ideas more organised and I could access it whenever I needed to.

I used photobucket to upload my story board images onto my blog. This caused it to look more organised making it easier to read. This is important because my story board was key when filming my trailer as it gave me guide lines of what shots to take and where to shoot them.

scribd was another helpful website. The reason being; whenever I used 'microsoft word' to type up key information such as my production schedule, scribd allowed me to upload it, leaving the presentation the same. This was handy as it saved me a lot of time because i could use 'microsoft' on the days where I couldn't access internet.
youtube is a website where the public can upload videos. This is a famous website because people can access movie trailers, songs, and any video that has been uploaded around the world; so it has a worldwide audience. I used this site when  researching into my trailer; because actual film trailers were published on there so I could imitate the conventions when making my product. Moreover, after I had made my trailer I uploaded my first and second draft. This is because youtube allowed me to annotate my trailer as well so as the viewer is watching it they can see what i have done for the video to imitate a thriller trailer. the final draft was for the public. This helped me a lot because I could inform people that my video was on youtube so they could watch it and give me feedback. 

Facebook was another technique that allowed people to view my trailer. More importantly facebook is very popular with my target audience so I was able to understand the views people had of my trailer. 

soundcloud allowed me to upload the music I had used in my trailer onto my blog. This made it easier for people to understand when I was explaining why I used the particular type of music for each section. 



I used this camera to film my production. The quality was good because it was hd, so the resolution was better on the computer when i had uploaded it.




This was the tri-pod that i used. I needed it to to film the trailer because it allowed the camera to remain in a steady position. Although i didnt need it when i shto a 'hand held' scene to make the audiecne feel like they are a part of the action. The tri-pod makes the quality of the shots much more profession.


This is an image of me working on my blog. The computer was the main source to completing my trailer. This is because the software i used to edit it was called 'imovie'. another software that i used to create my ancillary task is called 'photoshop', which enabled me to edit my image and also imitate my work to show a film poster and a magazine cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment